What is the true cost of a drip irrigation pipe making machine?
When building a turnkey drip irrigation production line or replacing a piece of standalone machinery, cost considerations often take precedence. As with any manufacturing equipment, the true cost of owning a drip irrigation pipe making machine or production line is not limited to that of purchasing. Expenses associated with operating, servicing and maintenance play an equally important role in the overall cost of each machine. As a result, selecting machines suitable for your specific application can help you better manage these costs and greatly benefit your business’ bottom line.
Material cost savings with 3 layer pipe technology
In 3 layer pipe technology, the inner and outer layers make up 20% of the pipe and are made using virgin raw materials. The remaining 80% of overall material required for the inner layer, can be made using a more affordable recycled or off-spec raw material.
To that end DRTS offers the 3 Layer Cross-Head, a complete 3 layer pipe production option that can be integrated to most pipe production lines. This ensures continuous ongoing cost savings on raw materials for every meter of drip irrigation pipe produced, without compromising line speed or product quality.
Stable production process & continual quality
A drip irrigation pipe making machine can produce between 65 to 300 meters of pipe per minute, so every small line downtime adds up to losses in productivity and operating personnel work hours. Such losses also occur during changeovers, as well as required line start-up and shut-down times. An equally important loss factor is the production of scrap product, resulting in waste material, reduction of line output and increased cost of quality and product checks.
DRTS offers a range of machines specifically designed to ensure high speed operation, maximum production line uptime, as well as minimum scrap rate. The DRTS Drip Haul-Off/Puller can be easily integrated with existing lines, offering stable and high speed line operation, despite the common drip irrigation pipe issues. The DRTS Pipe Accumulator assures line uptime when changing between coils, by providing an in-line time buffer during production. The DRTS Re-coiler reduces scrap by allowing off-line utilization of well produced pipe sections, which would otherwise be scrapped along with the entire coil.
Low maintenance costs
Your drip irrigation pipe making machine, just like every other piece of equipment, requires periodic maintenance to function properly. Maintenance costs consist of spare parts, downtimes for scheduled preventive maintenance or unscheduled repair maintenance, as well as required work hours of the technical personnel.
Most DRTS machinery offers remote access capabilities, allowing for timely problem diagnosing and troubleshooting. DRTS also supports clients by providing workforce training and extended maintenance packages.
Low consumption & high efficiency equipment
Modern technologies such as servo motor driven machines and communication between in-line machines, reduce electrical consumption and assure high pipe manufacturing line productivity. DRTS offers machines that utilize such technologies, maximizing efficiency and minimizing waste.
Benefit from available subsidies in your area
A direct way of reducing the cost of your drip irrigation pipe making machine, is receiving financial aid in the form of a subsidy. Depending on your region, a number of different options may be available to find funding and receive subsidies. These subsidies may be directly related to machinery import, or may encourage market growth by offering farmers subsidies for the purchase of drip irrigation systems.
DRTS has recently released an extensive Guide to Opportunities and Subsidies for Drip Irrigation in Africa. If you are considering expanding your operations to, or opening a new business in an emerging market in Africa, this is the guide for you. The guide also provides an opportunity to learn about different models of subsidies in emerging markets, whether your work takes you to Africa or to another region. To learn more, download your complimentary copy of the DRTS Guide to Opportunities and Subsidies for Drip Irrigation in Africa.